A Helping Hand- MUC 2019
A fundraising campaign for SOS Children's Villages.
About This Campaign
SOS Children's Villages is the largest non-governmental social development organization in the world. Founded in 1949, this organization is dedicated to helping orphaned and abandoned children receive the education, support, and medical attention they need. They work with children, families, and communities to keep siblings together and ensure that children's rights are met. They build families for children in need and help them shape their own futures by providing an SOS-trained mother and outreach programs to help these young minds thrive in today’s society. SOS Children’s Villages strives to make sure that every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security. Annually, they help positively impact the lives of over 1 million children.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could share campaign this with your friends, family and social network. And if possible, please donate. Even a single dollar can provide so much to these children who need it most. Sometimes, all we need is a helping hand.
This year Miss Universe Canada will be focusing on two projects with SOS Children’s Villages:
1. Every Child Deserves to Learn – SOS Education in Estelí, Nicaragua
• SOS Children’s Villages places a high value on education
• Every child deserves an education but millions of children around the world are denied this basic right
• Through education the cycle of poverty, domestic violence, and family breakdown can be stopped
2. Digital Communities – Connecting Children in Nicaragua with the tools to learn
• Nicaragua accounts for the Central American country with the least amount of access to the Internet
• Access to the Internet and information technology are vital empowerment tools that allow underprivileged people to overcome societal constraints and gain unhindered access to learning
• Due to the technological nature of modern society, computer knowledge and skills are basic requirements for securing a job
If you would like to know how contributions make an impact:
Every Child Deserves to Learn Project
$30 — Provide a child with the school supplies they need for a full year
$100 — Provide a uniform for a child for the school year
$300 — Supply a classroom with resources and more for a full year
$400 — Cover a full year’s tuition for a vulnerable child
$1,000 — Outfit a classroom with needed upgrades - furniture- desks, chalkboard
$4,000 — Cover a full year’s tuition for ten vulnerable children
Digital Communities Project:
$50 — Cleaning kit
$100 — Internet protection unit
$200 — Wireless access unit
$230 — Multi-functional printer
$500 — Firewall license
$600 — Laptop
$750 — Structured cabling
$1200 — Internet link
$1500 — Firewall unit
Thank you for your supporting this important cause.
If you would like to learn more about the organization, please check out their website: https://www.soschildrensvillages.ca/
raised of $2,000 goal
Campaign to Support SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children’s Villages offers safe and nurturing family homes to around 80,000 orphaned and abandoned children and youth in 134 countries around the world. Since 1949, SOS Children’s Villages has been guided by a basic principle: a loving home for every child.
Randall and Jane Buck gave a $495 donation
An anonymous donation of $264.02 has been made
Bertha Wiens gave a $1,055.20 donation
Natalie Gagnon gave a $26.67 donation
Heather Harrison gave a $105.79 donation
An anonymous donation of $53.04 has been madeEspero que todas estas campañas sigan creciendo y creciendo.